I've been reading around the internet about Facebook's disregard (disdain?) for user's privacy. It got me to start thinking about whether I need my facebook account or not. Not really is the answer I came to. So in response to their lack of privacy, I have decided to stop using it completely. My account will remain through the end of the week so people can see my little message indicating it is going away, after that I will follow the instructions here to delete my account (they only want you to de-activate which leaves you info available, deleting is more involved).
If you don't want to read all of the links above, here is a fantastic, graphical representation of Facebook's privacy policy over the years.
I will still have the same e-mail address(es), phone number, IM accounts, etc. Feel free to contact me via one of those and/or find updates here on this blog.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment